1. Tell us more about the very beginning of DIGIT – the proposal, setting up the team and your very first impressions.
Since the very beginning, there was a great communication among partners, especially with the coordinators. Raffaella has been clear, friendly and committed. The communication with her was excellent. Any question, challenge or suggestion on the table was solved rapidly.
We knew since the kick-off meeting that the rest of the partners were going to be committed to this project. Organization, interest and a sense of responsibility have been the pillars throughout the project and the fact we are on time within the deadlines is evidence of it.
A detailed project plan and a chart with the division of the tasks were created at the start of the project. This chart described the activities to develop, the partners participating and the datelines. This left no room for late submissions.
2. How was this one-year project?
Very good. We are really happy with the consortium and with the activities, we have already developed. As said before, the communication and cooperation with all the partners, especially with the project’s coordinator, has been excellent, very professional and thoughtful.
Within the elaboration of the materials, from PREDIF we are very proud of Work Package 1. Although at the beginning we had some difficulties with the creation of the materials, ITKAM was there to help and, together, we solved the inconveniences.
3. How do you think the DIGIT project can make a difference in providing relevant skills, knowledge, competencies, and tools to drive an inclusive digital transformation of the internationalization process of EU SMEs in the agri-food industry?
As a result of the Covid pandemic, several businesses have seen the necessity to adopt digital skills in order to keep operating in this new environment created. In this sense, the DIGIT project proposes an interesting strategy where SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) are able to develop digital strategies in order to stay competitive. Why is important to provide relevant skills, knowledge, competencies and tools for the internalization process of EU SMEs in the agriculture sector? because digital formats enable collaboration with other European businesses; marketing platforms have become a key issue when it comes to visibility and because being digitally skilled helps companies to become competitive in the labour market.
From PREDIF we believe that the DIGIT project is a very useful tool for small and medium companies. Learning digital skills is essential to understand broad and convenient topics such as marketing and sales strategies or how to organize digital or hybrid events. The actual labour market claims digital skills; asks workers from SMEs to fluently solve out the essential tools needed in the technological era we are living in.
Office automation/computerization has come to stay and workers need these digital competencies so they are not left behind.
4. What is the main result that DIGIT will deliver?
In order to equip individuals who work in the internalization of SMEs in the agro-food value chain with the necessary abilities, competencies and tools, the DIGIT project develops three main results, three main toolkits:
- Open Educational Resources (OERs) for workers and vet trainers about the digital transformation of the internalization of the agro-food SME sector. This first project result is addressed to VET instructors, trainers and businesses with the intention of “going global”. In this first toolkit, the beneficiaries of the project will receive different digital skills for the internalization process. Moreover, this toolkit is divided into four different modules with relevant information and digital literacy for the internalization process of the beneficiaries’ businesses.
- Accessible Digital Marketing Techniques Tools: In this second project result, learners and workers will be provided with digital marketing knowledge which, as we already know, is key for the promotion and visibility of the products provided by the different businesses. Digital marketing is a very important tool by which companies are able to reach their target audiences and promote the products or services they offer. Through this second result, the beneficiaries of the project will explore a broad category of relevant themes such as marketing campaigns, influencer marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing… etc.
- Toolkit to organize digital events of internalization. Through this third result, the project partners will teach VET learners and operators who work in the organization of different events related to the agro-food sector about how to organize digital events (online and hybrid) dedicated to the agro-food sector.
From PREDIF we believe that the DIGIT project, in a broad sense, will bring the acquisition of knowledge about ICT tools and all the benefits that acquiring digital competencies has such as: bettering labour efficiency, optimizing costs and times, understanding the potential of their electronic devices… We must not forget the commitment of the DIGIT project to the inclusion of people with disabilities. The new technologies must not be a reason for exclusion, but a tool for the empowerment of this group. The fact that people with disabilities receive education in digital skills can undoubtedly be the best way to overcome difficulties and achieve equal opportunities. Digitalization must not compete against social and economic development.